Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blessing

It has been a pretty awful past couple of weeks. I've found myself frustrated to no end, tired, overwhelmed, and nursing some hurt feelings. I have shed at least a few tears (sometimes more) each night this week, and I am fairly certain that trend will continue this evening. I desperately need to go back into work tomorrow on my day off for the 3rd week in a row just so that I can get a little bit closer to having my "must finish by Sunday" list completed. Things seem pretty bleak.

However, I finally found some perspective. Someone recently told me, "There are always blessings in your life. It's just a matter of finding them."

Well, tonight I found my blessing. My blessing is finding joy in hearing that my good friend's husband has made it through a very difficult surgery to remove cancer."

Next to that, everything else seems unimportant.

In fact, I would have to say that is definitely a blessing.

7 comments:

Jacinda said...

Perspective is ALWAYS good!

I don't know specifics as to why the past couple of weeks have been so bad for you, but I pray things will be better for you soon. These past few months have been STRANGE for me with moving across the country, trying to find a new church home, having a new baby, moving across town, etc. etc. so I can relate to some feelings of frustration. However, with each of these 'new' things, I have found some blessings as well. Each day brings new opportunities to find them.

I will pray that you find peace & happiness because you deserve it!

Phillips Family said...

Uh...don't forget the blessing that is the pumpkin I am carving in your likeness to sit as the centerpiece for our Thanksgiving Table!!!

Hoope you get everything done and are feeling better. Yeah for your friend's husband!

See you Thursday!

Peace family said...

I'm sorry you have been having some tough times. Please hang in there. Just know that you are a blessing in my family's life. Thanks for all you do!

Lynn Leaming said...

Jennifer,
So glad to hear about your friends good news. I hope things will get better for you soon. One of the hardest things as a CM is making sure you provide for your own self care. Days off are really important, especially so that you can get a "refill" in order for you to keep pouring out. I will be praying that God show you a way to delegate or send you more volunteers so that you indeed can enjoy a day off.

Roxanne said...

Hey, chick. I am sorry things have been icky, and wish I could help. And I am so glad that your friend's husband made it through surgery!!! Love you.

Jennifer Schroeder said...

You guys are all sweet. Things will definitely get better.

Also, I have found my next new blessing...Lynley is carving a pumpkin in my likeness. I am very much looking forward to that and will be just absolutely heartbroken if it doesn't happen.

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that YOU are a blessing to me. We'll be back from AR on Saturday. Any chance that you'll still be around on Sunday?? Love!