Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Christmas Gift

So I am working on a Christmas Gift for my grandmother, and for her to give everyone else as a Christmas gift. Since that probably doesn't make sense, I will explain.

I am scanning in ALL of the pictures that my grandparents took over the years, and they took a lot. Wherever we went, there was Granddaddy with his camera (usually with duct tape holding it together) documenting whatever was happening. So, as my gift to her, I am preserving all of those pictures on DVD, and then she will give everyone a DVD with the pictures.

It has been a lot of fun, looking through the old pictures, and so I thought I would share a few of them with you.


This is one of the many family pictures we would take when we would get together. Notice the clothing. It is superfly.


At our regular gatherings, my grandparents would usually get out the volleyball net for a family game. The man in the pink shirt that is showing his mad volleyball skills is my dad. I am fairly certain the photo was photoshopped, because I don't think he can jump that high.

This is me holding one of my cousins. I vaguely remember dropping him at one point. Also, notice the knees. I was forever falling or running into things which is why it is surprising that they were letting me hold the baby.


This picture is my favorite one of all time. Camera in hand, hat turned to the side so the bill of the hat wouldn't affect his picture taking skills.

4 comments:

Peace family said...

Awesome! What wonderful memories!

Elizabeth said...

That last picture is great! :)

Deborah said...

What a cool thing to do for your family.

Happy scanning!

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful idea and the family will love the gift. Love the pictures!