Thursday, November 27, 2008

Goodbye Turkey Day #1...

Goodbye Turkey Day #1. Hello Turkey Day #2. Thanksgiving dinner today was wonderful! We had way too much food for the 16 folks who sat around the table, but it was really great.

Anyway, tomorrow brings another Thanksgiving meal (yes, we celebrate twice which means twice the pumpkin pie), but tomorrow also brings Black Friday. In years past, my mother and I typically have hauled ourselves out of bed at around 3:30am to get the majority of our shopping done during the "doorbusters" hours.

Tomorrow, we won't need to do much. There are only a couple of items that are "must haves." One of those items is going to be my present from Santa Claus. Just thinking about it today has made me giddy (in fact, today my relatives were forced to listen to long monologues espousing the wonderment that is this item). Anyway, I don't want to jinx it, so I won't tell you what it is right now, but I promise to do a HUGE post about it if I am able to scrap my way through the crowds and grasp the coveted item.

In the mean time, everyone enjoy the rest of their holiday weekend. I am off to finish the last bit of cooking that I think I will do for a bit.

3 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Hope you got your special item! I heard someone calling over the loud speaker at target that assistance was needed with that particular thing and thought of you!

Good to see you yesterday! Hope Thanksgiving Number 2 was fun as well!

Roxanne said...

Oh, my. . .if assistance was needed, that means it's LARGE. How was the banana pudding?

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Lynley, the vacuum cleaner actually went pretty quickly. They apparently didn't have very many, and it was a very popular item. So, that just increases my giddiness.

Roxanne, the banana pudding actually came out tasting pretty good. All of it was at least eaten. That's a positive.