Friday, November 14, 2008

Christmas Shopping...Check

Yep, it is true. It is completely and totally true. The date is November 14, and I have finished with ALL of my Christmas Shopping. Now I don't mean to sound boastful, but I am rather proud of myself and pleased with the gifts I found, too.

Now, the key is to not forget that I have finished my shopping and buy people additional items.

In other news, something is wrong with my smoke detector. In the middle of the night last night it went off for about 5 seconds (and it is L.O.U.D.) and then stopped. It scared me to death. I was a little afraid I might wet my bed.

Anyway, I got up and looked around and sniffed around. I didn't smell any smoke, and again, it only went off for about 5 seconds.

Then about 30 minutes later, just as I had fallen back asleep, it did it again. And again, it scared me to death (there's nothing like being jolted out of a totally relaxed state by an ear-piercingly shrill sound). Again, I got up and checked around, but didn't see or smell anything. So, I went back to bed. However, this time, I could really fall back into a deep sleep because I was so afraid it was going to go off again.

I hoping tonight will be a much different story, and there will be no suddent smoke alarms going off.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

You totally cracked me up when you said you thought you wet the bed. . .then when you said you started to sniff around I thought, "I hope it wasn't the bed."

You might need a new battery. And you might also need to see if you can find the episode of friends when Pheobe's alarm keeps going off even when she has removed the battery. Hysterical.

Lynn Leaming said...

I was going to say the same thing. You probably need to change the battery :0