Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hmm...What to Comment On???

Well, I don't have enough of any one story to write an entire blog post, so I will give you tidbits.

1. I saw someone driving down the road today wearing a Santa hat? Yes, a Santa Hat. Now, I love Christmas as much as the next person, but it is not even Thanksgiving yet. There should be a law against wearing Christmas apparel until after Thanksgiving, and then another law banning ALL Christmas sweaters. You know the ones I am talking about. They usually have a protruding Rudolf nose sticking out from your tummy, or bells on a "tree" that jingle as you walk.

2. I went to the Medina Children's Home Dinner last night and the first part of it was a silent auction. I ended up in a bidding war for a Michael Jordan bobble head doll. I lost (sniff, sniff).

3. When I spoke to my niece on the phone this afternoon, at one point I could hear her roll her eyes at me over the phone. So, I gave her my dissertation on eye rolling. Let me know if you want to hear it sometime.

4. Typically, I am not a Lifetime Television viewer. However, I am super-excited because the other night as I was watching Fraiser, I saw the advertisement for Fa-La-La-La-Lifetime Time. All those Christmas movies...I had better get my DVR warmed up.

5. As I was driving to church this morning, I saw a hatchback Ford Focus STUFFED with clothes, etc. I mean really stuffed. You could see the driver and part of the passenger seat, and the rest of it was filled to the brim with items. It looked a little strange until it got all the way past me, and I saw the Vic Firth sticker on the back. Then it all made sense. (FYI...You probably have to be a musician to get this one.)

6. Last, but not least, I broke down and bought a soda this afternoon.

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

Okay, does the Christmas sweater thing apply to kids too? If so, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Also, I do have a snowman shirt I plan to wear. It doesn't jingle, but I still want you to be prepared! ;)

I've head the dissertation on eye rolling-it's pretty funny!

What's up with cutting back on the soda?!

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Nope, the sweater ban doesn't apply to kids. They look cute in holiday gear.

I gave up caffeine about 2 months ago. It nearly killed me to do so.

Deborah said...

Since I have two (almost three) boys in my house, I won't have to worry much about eye-rolling! Just a huge bonue to having boys.

You gave up caffeine? But why? What's the point?