Friday, November 7, 2008

Productive Day

Today was quite a productive day. Fridays are my day off. So, when I get up on Fridays, sometimes I just stay in my pajamas and work on stuff here at the house, and other Fridays, I take advantage of no crowds and run my errands. Well, today was an errand kind of day.

I'm feeling like I accomplished a lot. In fact, I have given myself quite a few pats on the back today. I knew I was going to get a lot done when I woke up feeling like cleaning. So, I went up to church and cleaned my ever-so-messy-but-never-gets-picked-up office.

Then, I took all of my newspapers and magazines to the recycling bin. Made my house a little neater and was earth-friendly.

Next, I went in search of a five gallon bucket with a lid because I am going to start making my own laundry detergent. I currently spend an arm and a leg on laundry detergent because my sensitive skin requires me to get the Tide with no dyes and no perfumes. I have a friend who makes her own hypo-allergenic laundry detergent, and she swears by it. So, after doing the math, I figured out that I could do 500+ loads of laundry for what it currently costs me to do 32. Anyway, I found my bucket and lid at Home Depot.

Next I went to Walmart because I needed a few more basics, and I had a Randalls ad with zucchini 10 pounds for $10. So, I got my basics and my zucchini (to make loafs for Christmas).

Then I headed to the library. I had some books that needed to be returned, and I wanted to check out a few more.

After that, I stopped by Kroger because they were having a coupon mega-event and their were items there that I needed to stock up on. So, for $8.68, I purchased $24.28 worth of groceries.

My last stop was by Walgreens because I had a set of coupons that matched their easy saver deals for this month. I spent $4.24 for $30.34 worth of merchandise. Again, none of it was extraneous.

(As an aside, I would like to point out for all the gas conscious people, that with the exception of the church, all of these places are fairly near each other, and I made a neat little circular route so as not to waste gas.)

Now, that I am home, I am a little pooped, but feeling good about all that I got done. Now, I can spend my Friday evening making laundry detergent, peeling and grating 10 pounds of zucchini, and starting a new novel. I know, I know, you wish you were going to have as much fun on a Friday night as I am.

4 comments:

Jacinda said...

i pride myself on my coupon cutting out abilities, but I fear I am missing something. What were the great deals? I'm wondering if I have the right coupons.

Roxanne said...

That is AWESOME!!!! I got more done today at school than normal. . .but not nearly as much as all of that.

Elizabeth said...

On Sunday I got 43 bucks worth of groceries for 17!!! I love coupons!

Rachel said...

I would love to hear more about your homemade detergent!! What recipe are you using. This is something that I have always thought I would stay away from...but now am beginning to reconsider. Do tell more!!!