Friday, January 16, 2009

Best Phrase Ever

I realize that I often claim that a lot of things are the "best ever." However, in the case of what I am about to tell you, it really is.

So, I was on the phone with a dear, sweet friend the other day, and she was having a rough day (or more accurately, a rough week/month). She was just needing to vent. As she was talking through all that was going on and how to handle things, she uttered what I believe to be the best phraise I have ever heard.

She proclaimed rather stoically that she was just going to have to "put her big girl panties on" and get over it. When she said that, I laughed harder than I have in a long time.

I kidd you not, I am looking forward to the day that I can pull that little phrase out of my back pocket and interject it into a conversation.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

I'm still wearin' 'em. Plus it helped to get to the hospital and hold and feed (and burp) baby Heather. Thank you for your kind (long-suffering) ear.

Deborah said...

My aunt used that same phrase a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I was going to come unglued. SO funny!