Monday, January 12, 2009

What's the Likelihood?

The guy who hit me before Christmas finally returned the numerous phone calls and letters from the insurance company. So, now the ball is rolling, and my car has been taken into the shop to be fixed.

The insurance company is also paying for a rental car while I am waiting for mine, and so as they handed me the keys to the loaner car, I was a little curious as to what kind of car I would be driving for the next week.

I am not really picky about cars and have never much cared about what kind I drove. However, when they led me out to the parking lot to show me which one I would be driving, my whole laissez-faire attitude about cars changed.

Here is what they put me in...a Dodge Caliber. It is much bigger than it looks in the picture. In fact, the hood is unnaturally long, and I am fairly certain that with my tendency to bump into things, a dent or two or three (and perhaps a long scratch) are inevitable.

Maybe I shouldn't have turned down the extra coverage that the rental car place offered me.

No comments: