Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random Realizations

#1--I rule at Sudoku. Yes, I said it. I put it out there in no uncertain terms. However, that is the truth, and I challenge anyone who thinks they can beat me. I have even started doing my Sudoku puzzles in pen.

#2--Sonic now sells bananas. Who knew? When I pulled up to Sonic to get a soda before church last night (yes, I have temporarily lifted my caffeine ban), I saw bananas advertised on their menu. Granted, they cost $1.00, and you could probably get one at Kroger for $0.16, but the point is they sell bananas.

#3--Being outside of the box is not a bad thing. One of the secretaries at church and I were visiting yesterday. She said that someone told her that she was just "too outside the box". I say embrace your "lack of boxiness".

#4--I have a new computer game that I have to play everyday. No, it is Word Scramble or something fun. It is my new vision therapy game. I put on these oversized glasses with one red lense and one blue lense, and then I stare at my computer screen while clicking on the boxes wherever they appear. My doctor assured me this would be super-fun. It is most definitely not.

#5--I love The Office. I know I have done an ode to The Office already, but I recently downloaded the first season to my Ipod to rewatch, and it is just as funny now as it was then. My only question is what happened to Michael's hair? Has anyone else noticed the difference between Season 1 and the rest of the Seasons?

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Ahhh...overpriced, over-ripe bananas: they are all the rage. You can get them in the kid's meal, which Isaac often does. The problem is that their bananas are often too mushy, which makes for a delicious shake, but not so much for a kid attempting to eat it.

Michael(why can I NOT think of his actual name at this moment..oh well) definately had some hair plugs. We occasionally watch the first season in re-runs. NBC really paid a pretty penny to make his hair look nice after that initial season.

Deborah said...

I am certainly not "boxy"--maybe a little "spherical", but not boxy.

Roxanne said...

Embrace your lack of boxiness, indeed. Ithink that is a new winner of a phrase. I wish I had tme to watch The Office because the two times Tony and I have seen it, we have laughed and laughed. Alas, we now only get PBS on our t.v. out in the sticks, and in two weeks we won't even get it. Bummer.

Tell your dr. that he needs to make your eye game Sudoku-ish, and THEN it will be super fun. That being said, I do NOT like Sudoku, nor is the color orange my favorite--but I LOVE for things to happen in a somewhat orderly if puzzling manner and pink and orange together are a very, very cute combination, so I think that makes us BFF.

Anonymous said...

So, what happened with the water balloons last night??

MB