Thursday, January 29, 2009

Admit It

I was visiting with a friend today, and she asked me if I saw last week's episode of ***** *******, but she asked me in a whisper because that is one of those shows that I think we are all a little embarrassed to admit we watch.

Since I am feeling a little guilty about admitting that show, I will own up to something else for all of my faithful blog readers.

Ready for my announcement?

Here goes...

I used to watch Dawson's Creek. No, I wasn't in high school when it was on, I was in college. I really liked to watch it, and I would even tape it when I wasn't going to be home. I know you are all cringing as you are reading this. I am cringing a little bit as I write it.

Admit it, though, you know you were involved in the lives on the creek, and you, too, got tired of all of Dawson's whining and were rooting for the former "Mighty Duck" Pacey to get the girl (SPOILER ALERT 5 YEARS LATE: he did get the girl).

In the end, I am still a little embarrassed to admit that I watched it, but I am fairly certain you also have one of those types of shows that you watch (or watched) and would never admit to anyone.

6 comments:

karen b said...

newlyweds!! (the one about nick lachey and jessica simpson)

Deborah said...

After Joshua was born, and I was still in the "at home all the time" phase, I watched Oprah faithfully every day. Still makes my stomach do flip-flops thinking about what a waste of time that was.

Seth, Elisa, Adam, and Clara said...

I can confirm that yes, you were indeed a big Dawson's Creek fan because I remember you faithfully setting the vcr to tape in our apartment. No worries though, I'm a shamefully huge Judge Judy fan. :D

Lynn Leaming said...

My confession is the Young and the Restless, One Live To Live and All My Children.

Roxanne said...

I totally get watching things that are a waste of time and brain space. Been there, done that. . .am still embarrassed to admit it.

But I LOVE your new blog look. It's YOU.

Jacinda said...

ha ha-glad I could give you blog material!