Saturday, February 21, 2009

Oatmeal Snob


Did you know it was possible to be an oatmeal snob? I didn't either. Apparently, though, I have become an oatmeal snob.


Over the last few weeks, I have been eating steel cut oatmeal for breakfast, and it has be super-yummy. However, it takes a good 35 minutes to make. So generally, I make a pot at the beginning of the week and heat some up each morning.


This morning as I was rummaging through the kitchen to find something for breakfast, I realized that I ate the last bit of my oatmeal yesterday morning. So, on the top shelf of my pantry, I spotted a box of maple and brown sugar Quaker Instant Oatmeal. Although it wasn't my first choice, I needed to eat some breakfast so that I could head out to the grocery store.


So, I prepared it according to the directions and sat down to eat.


Eeeww. Yuck.


I kidd you not, I could not manage more than one bite, and so I ended up dumping it down the disposal. I used to enjoy instant oatmeal. However, I'm guessing that after weeks of eating "quality" oatmeal, I have become an oatmeal snob.


So, I opened up a can of green beans for breakfast (yes, I REALLY need to go to the store), and I am off to the store with steel cut oats at the top of my list.

No comments: