Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This Morning on the Price Is Right...

First of all, yes, I watched The Price Is Right. In my defense, though, I have been home sick all day. So, I was laying on the couch in a Tylenol PM haze, and by the time the remote landed on The Price Is Right I was too tired to continue changing the channel. So, I left it.

I drifted off for awhile, and by the time I woke up, it was the last "wheel time". The last two guys both spun $1.00 earning themselves each $1,000. Then they both spun $0.15 which earned them each another $10,000.

I was up off the couch in total excitement. I think I may have whooped, but I don't completely remember. At that moment, I really wanted to call someone to share the excitement of the moment.

Then, I remembered....

...it was The Price Is Right.

Never before has The Price Is Right seemed so exhilarating. It surely must have been the Tylenol PM. Perhaps, I should lower my dosage

3 comments:

Phillips Family said...

A girl I taught with was on the Price is Right once. The whole school watched the episode when it aired...you could hear cheering through-out the halls. It was so much fun!

She ended up winning the Showcase Showdown and came home with some interesting prizes....some of which included a snowmobile (handy in Flower Mound, TX) and carpet (she lived in an apartment at the time).

Hope you are feeling better. Is it the flu?

BTW, we missed you this past weekend!

Jacinda said...

You can call me about The Price is Right anytime-love it!

Once when I went with Chris to San Diego, his aunt (who lived in Carlsbad, CA at the time) & I planned to go be on the show. I made 'awesome' t-shirts for each of us that were 'sure' to gain enough attention to get at least 1 of us to be a contestant! We did whatever it was we needed to do to know when to be where. I think we'd gotten 'tickets' which basically only secured us the right to stand in line. Apparently, it wouldn't guarantee us entry into the show-pretty much first come, first serve, but we had to have a ticket to even stand in line I think. Then of course, they only select those few to actually be contestants.

I was soooo excited about this whole thing and just sure I'd get to play PLINKO! However....they canceled taping that whole month (June of 2006?) because Bob Barker was sick! I was sooooo sad! His aunt & I ended up going into L.A. anyway and shopped, etc.

I always regret that we didn't get to be on the show! :(

Anonymous said...

You always make me laugh!!