Sunday, February 8, 2009

San Diego Recap





San Diego was GREAT! The conference was fantastic, and I came back with some great resources. Plus, the proximity to the water has me so enamored that I am thinking Memorial needs to do a church plant in Southern California.
Since I now need to shift back to Houston mode, I thought I would close out my trip with a recap of the highlights.
1. I met Bibleman (see post below)! Yep, it truly was a highlight. No, I am not the least bit embarrassed to admit that.
2. Really good mexican food--not Tex-mex--but MEXICAN food. Yum.
3. I had to purchase another bag to bring home all the stuff I got, and my big suitcase went over the weight limit (it was 51.5). However, the Southwest lady didn't make me pay an overage--woohoo!!!!!
4. I saw a catamaran. I thought those only existed on The Price Is Right.
5. I heard the best quote of the conference, "I love Jesus. Yes, I watch The Office, but I still love Jesus."
6. I met or was in close proximity to Phil Vischer (as in Veggie Tales creator), the Go Fish Guys (huge crush on them), The Lads, and Craig Jutila (uttered the quote above).
7. When Phil Vischer walked by, I REALLY had to supress the urge to chase after him.
Well, tomorrow I have to get back to work. In the mean time, everyone have a wonderful evening.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Glad you had a great time. Phil Vischer lives here, along with all the other Veggies. We see him/them at Panera sometimes.

It is weird that I am way more starstruck when I see Bob and Larry at Panera then when I see Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman at Starbucks?

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Not weird at all. I was totally starstruck and really did want to chase after him. Have you seen his new stuff--www.jellytelly.com? It is great!

Roxanne said...

I'd have totally embarassed you 'cause there is NO WAY I would pass up getting to here Pa Grape in person. Seriously.

Cute template. . .

Lynn Leaming said...

I'm glad you had a blessed time! I have fond memories of the Town and Country Inn. About six of us went and rented a van and on free time one day we went to the new Mormon Tabernacle and asked for a tour. You would think one of us would have known they don't give tours. But no...we all get out of the van (Cecilia, Patty, Sandy, Me and I don't remember who else) and reach the front door only to be told we were not "worthy" to enter. We had no idea we weren't worthy before that time, it changed us for life :0 I also remember that first time not having enough luggage space and deciding what clothing I could leave behind. Sure wish it would come back to Dallas, then luggage was no issue :)