Saturday, February 28, 2009

Update Time

Good morning, everyone. I realize that I have gotten a bit behind in my updating of the blog, but I just haven't felt moved to update as of late.

So, to catch you up in lightening speed fashion, here is what has been going on as of late.

1. I owe a pretty large chunk to the IRS (not because I haven't paid on my taxes) for two reasons. The first is that I am a single clergy, and the way taxes are figured for both singles and for clergy REALLY penalizes me. Second, I try to be frugal. Yes, you read that correctly, because I try to watch what I spend, I now owe more in taxes (again, it is the way a clergy's taxes are figured that determine this). Therefore, I have recently proclaimed that I need to get married fairly quickly so as to have a better tax situation next year.

2. My Dyson vacuum cleaner had to go into the shop. Apparently, I vacuum with too much enthusiasm, and I broke a little piece on the machine. It really concerned me at first that I have only had it 3 months, and it already needed to be repaired. However, I then figured out that I have vacuumed more in 3 months then most people have in a year. It's now back home and working beautifully.

3. I watched (and enjoyed) the Academy Awards. I'm a Hugh Jackman fan, and I think this year's Oscars were much more entertaining than most of the past years. Plus, I love BIG, musical numbers with sneak appearances by Zac Efron.

Well, I guess less has happened than I thought. Oh well. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you doing up at 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday? :-)

MB

Anonymous said...

And I was thinking that you must be related to your cousin and his wife in Grapevine....

A.C.